In what’s a shock to absolutely no one in the industry, Wieden+Kennedy was named "Agency of the Year" at the 23rd Annual Webby Awards, winning six Webby Awards and seven Webby People’s Voice Awards.
The agency, which has been on fire, was honored for the likes of Colin Kaepernick’s "Dream Crazy" tweet with Nike, The Return of Colonel Sanders for KFC and Bud Light’s Dilly Dilly. Wieden+Kennedy picked up more Webby Awards and nominations across all categories than any other agency this year.
While Wieden+Kennedy was crowned as Agency of the Year, a few shops were close contenders: BBDO New York (8 wins, 23 nominations), TBWA\Media Arts Lab (8 wins, 11 nominations), McCann New York (5 wins, 14 nominations) and R/GA (3 wins, 12 nominations).
BBDO also earned a top honor, being named Webby Network of the Year – a new category for the event. McCann Worldgroup and TBWA Worldwide were also neck and neck.
"This year’s advertising Webby winners created campaigns that highlight some of the greatest challenges that our society faces today, and they used media and technology to do so in totally fresh, fun, and powerful ways," said Claire Graves, executive director of the Webby Awards, in a statement. "We’re thrilled to recognize their creativity and inspiration, and applaud them for bringing greater awareness to these causes."
See below for some of this year’s winning campaigns:
- Dream Crazy by Wieden+Kennedy: Integrated Campaign (Advertising, Media & PR), Viral Marketing (Advertising, Media & PR), Best Viral PR Campaign (Advertising, Media & PR), Integrated Campaigns - Branded Entertainment (Video)
- @SeeLikeMenna by Saatchi & Saatch Best Cause-Related Campaign (Advertising, Media & PR), Native Advertising (Social)
- Accessibility Mat by GTB Brazil Experimental and Innovation (Apps & Mobile Features)
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Carnegie DeliPop-Up by Tool Best Launch - PR (Advertising, Media & PR)
- #ExcuseMe by McCann NY Best Cause Related Campaign - PR (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Bacardi - Live Moves by BBDO New YorkSocial Media Campaign (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Photo Exhibition "Brain Drool 2018" by HAKUHODO Inc. for Art (Websites)
- Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home by Droga5: Travel Social Content Series and Campaigns (Social), Integrated Campaigns (Video)
- The Whopper Detour by FCB New York: Brand Strategy (Advertising, Media & PR), Digital Campaigns (Advertising, Media & PR), Best Use of Mobile Media (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Viva la Vulva by AMVBBDO Health, Wellness, Pharmaceutical Branded Content (Advertising, Media & PR), Best Art Direction (Video)
- The Most Interesting Job Interview by Cummins & Partners Best User Experience (Websites)
- The Uncensored Playlist by MediaMonks Public Service and Activism Branded Content (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Minecraft Coral Crafters by 215 McCann Corporate Social Responsibility (Advertising, Media & PR)
- MedMen The New Normal by Mekanism Best Copywriting (Advertising, Media & PR), Best Art Direction (Advertising, Media & PR).
- Exclusive the Rainbow by DDB Best Video Campaign (Advertising, Media & PR), Best Use of Earned Media (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Taco Bell’s Web of Fries by Deutsch Branded Entertainment Short Form (Video)
- TRAINED By Nike by AnalogFolk & Pineapple Street Media: Best Branded Podcast or Segment (Podcasts & Digital Audio)
New York Public Library Insta Novels by Mother Education & Discovery (Social), Best Use of Stories (Social), Best Use of Social Media (Advertising, Media & PR)