1. Universal "Minions go caroling"
The ad, which was released in November last year, shows the Minions singing a Christmas carol in the snow. It has been shared almost four million times.
2. John Lewis "the bear and the hare" by Adam & Eve/DDB
The touching 2013 ad from Adam & Eve/DDB saw a bear experience Christmas for the first time. It has been shared 1.2 million times.
3. John Lewis "Monty the Penguin" by Adam & Eve/DDB
Last year’s Christmas ad for the retailer followed the relationship between a boy and his penguin. It has been shared one million times.
4. Sainsbury’s "Christmas is for sharing" by Abbot Mead Vickers/BBDO
Also one from last year, the retailer recreated the football game between the English and German soldiers on no-man’s land on Christmas day in 1914. It has been shared 771,372 times.
5. John Lewis "the long wait" by Adam & Eve/DDB
The ad, which was released in 2011, follows the story of a young boy waiting all month for Christmas day so that he can give his parents a gift. It has been shared 519,138 times.
6. John Lewis "the journey" by Adam & Eve/DDB
This emotional ad from 2012 told a love story of a snowman. It has been shared 446,915 times.
7. Burberry "from London with Love" by Burberry
The ad starred Romeo Beckham, the son of David and Victoria Beckham, bringing a couple together with gifts from the luxury retailer. The ad, which launched last year, has been shared 190,835 times.
8. Marks & Spencer "#FollowTheFairies" by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
The retailer’s Christmas ad last year showed fairies adding some Christmas sparkle to people’s lives. It has been shared 157,292 times.
9. Cartier "winter tale"
The 2013 animated ad shows a man and a panther delivering jewellery to homes across Paris. The has been shared 120,746 times.
10. Three "dance pony dance" Wieden & Kennedy
The ad from 2013 shows a pony dancing in some fields. It has been shared 113,313 times.
The chart has been compiled by Unruly.