The company announced the news on its Facebook and Twitter pages. It said: "Secret Cinema Presents Back to the Future will open this Thursday 31st of July. We look forward to seeing you in Hill Valley. We apologise once again to everyone affected by last weekend's cancellations.
It also apologised to fans for not communicating last week's cancellations sooner. In a separate statement, the company said: "We are extremely sorry for the delayed communications of last week.
"We know we let our audience down and will do everything we can to make it up to them."
Ticket holders on social media reacted positively to the news. However, many said they would be ignoring the company’s original request that they do not bring their phones, after the first two consumer screenings were cancelled only two hours before the start time.
Toni Frazer wrote on Facebook: "Still bringing my phone…after all this drama, you should want people taking photos so everyone else with later tickets feels better about the situation."
Joanna Speed added: "My phone is not being handed in not as a sign of rebellion but purely because I don't trust them now."
Ticket holders to cancelled performances have been offered a full refund or entry to another screening between 14 and 31 August.
The experience will take place in an outdoor location near the Olympic Village in Stratford, east London, and will involve around 80 actors who will bring to life the 1985 cult film Back To The Future in a live cinematic experience.
Comment below to let us know what you think.
For more in-depth and print-only features, showcases and interviews with world-leading brands, don't miss the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.