The Brand Film Festival, produced jointly by Campaign and PRWeek, will take place at the Oval Space in Bethnal Green, east London on Wednesday 5 April. The event was first held in New York in 2016.
The day consists of two parts; the afternoon will see a program of content sessions with a mix of speakers from craft, comms and creative backgrounds. Each one will focus on the art of storytelling and connecting brands with audiences beyond surface level.
The evening, meanwhile, will comprise a screening of the best brand films from 2016, as selected by a prestigious jury co-chaired by former Grey London chairman and chief creative officer Nils Leonard and Danish director, screenwriter and producer Nicolas Winding Refn.
There will also be the opportunity to network over drinks, canapes and bowl food.
Shortlisted projects will be deemed Gold, Silver or Bronze and the 2017 Best of the Best films will also be announced.
The shortlist includes:
- MPC for John Lewis, "Buster the Boxer"
- Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO for Maltesers, "Look on the light side of disability"
- MullenLowe London for Unilever/Persil, "Free the kids"
- TheLADbible Group for RNLI, "Respect the water"
- Buzzfeed for Aviva, "I survived a car crash"
- Freuds for Alzheimer's Research UK, "Santa forgot"
- Vice for Samsung, "Surf the night: riding waves into the darkness"
Tickets are available either for the full day, or the evening session only.