Can Volkswagen regain consumer trust? Is it time to unbundle strategy and creative? What creative lessons can you learn from Black Sabbath? These were just a few of the thought-provoking and sometimes surprising subjects tackled in our 10 most popular Thought Leader columns this year.
Our columnists analyzed the biggest news and cultural trends that impacted the ad business and the issues that most affected their daily working lives. Sometimes they did it with humor, sometimes with provocation, but every single one is worth a reread.
1. DDB Worldwide CCO: The revolution will not be digitized, June 4, 2015 by Amir Kassaei
2. We're not saving lives: What I learned about advertising after two days with military officers July 8, 2015 by Armando Turco
3. A poisoned lemon September 25, 2015 by Faris Yakob
4. The only thing going for American Apparel was its controversial advertising August 21, 2015 by Nick Gray
5. Part 1: Is it time to unbundle strategy and creative? July 28, 2015 by Alain Sylvain
6. What advertising can learn from Amy Schumer July 21, 2015
by Laura Fegley
7. Why 2016 will be a year of breakups in programmatic November 24, 2015 by Marco Bertozzi
8. Part 2: Is it time to unbundle strategy and creative? July 29, 2015 by Britt Fero
9. Keeping up with the Gomezes: Why marketers should pay attention to the 'Latino Spring' August 05, 2015 by Gustavo Martinez
10. Lessons in creative alchemy from Black Sabbath May 28, 2015 by Greg Hahn