At some point over the past few years, brands realized that making people feel a bit nervous sold products, or so the term "prankvertising" would lead you to believe. Halloween has become a showcase for such tactics, but which brand has the most popular content online?
We've teamed up with Unruly to look at the most shared videos this year, unleashing the most frightening and nerve-wracking videos from the shackles of the internet for your pleasure (or pain).
The film studios do lead with the scary promos but they employ tactics all brands could adopt.
Watch, if you dare.
1. Devil's Due film - Devil Baby Attack - 2,185,323
2. Poltergeist Official Trailer - 676,737
3. Insidious Chapter 3 Teaser - 639,988
4. LG - So Real It's Scary - 592,892
5. Dead Island: Official Announcement Trailer - 545,190
6. Dirt Devil - The Exorcist - 339,431
7. LG Ultra HD TV Prank: End of the World Job Interview - 222,219
8. Snickers Halloween Grocery Store Lady - 147,498
9. Goosebumps Official Trailer - 165,650
10. Fragile Childhood: Monsters - 122,761
11. Remco - Baby Laugh'a'Lot Original Commercial - 111,229
12. Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise - 108,774
13. Crimson Peak Official Teaser Trailer - 107,767
This article first appeared on marketingmagazine.co.uk.