It's that time of year again. The nights are drawing in, temperatures are plummeting, the wind and rain are lashing at our windows, and the trees stand skeletal. Yes, autumn is here and Halloween is almost upon us.
Unruly and Marketing have ranked the ads based on their number of all-time shares. The selection is also slightly subjective; otherwise there would have been a few too many zombies. And as much as we love the undead, they can get a bit tedious with all that moaning and shuffling.
Some of the following spots are scary, some silly, some inadvertently creepy (step forward Ronald McDonald with a tray stuck to his head). Others are gory, and a couple are just downright grim.
You have been warned.
So grab a cushion, and a spare pair of pants, and enjoy our list of the 15 most-shared scary ads.
1. Carrie — Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise
2. LG — So Real, It’s Scary
3. Dead Island — Official Announcement Trailer
4. Dirt Devil — The Exorcist
5. Snickers — Halloween Grocery Store Lady
6. Remco — Baby Laugh-a-Lot
7. Phones4u — Little Girl
8. Autoway — Scary Japanese ad
9. Axe — Hot Girl Vs. Zombie
10. K-fee — Ghost Car
11. PlayStation 3 — Baby
12. Call of Duty: Black Ops — Zombie Labs Resurrection
13. McDonald’s — Ronald McDonald’s ad debut
14. Metz — Judderman
15. Mini USA — Ahhhhhhhh!
This article first appeared on marketingmagazine.co.uk.